Monday 16 September 2013

Life with Norms

Amitabh Bachchan, in the movie Sarkar says, “Every person views me from his perspective, and forms an opinion about me. I do whatever my I feel right. It may then be against the law, the gods or the society.”

Is this character leading a life with norms? Yes. The point to be noted is not that he does whatever he feels right, but that he doeswhatever he feels right. It is not about the whim, but about the courage to take action, about the commitment to his sense of right.


I don’t think I can ever make a list of norms, which I live by, but I’m proud of living with norms. Words have limitations and thus aren’t able to capture the essence of these norms. Most people, however, understand them intuitively, without the use of words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment