Monday 30 September 2013

A Nice Day

The day had a faaantastic begin. I enjoyed my Yoga asanas like never before. Every time I have a good performance with asanas, I learn something new - about the asana, about my own body. I realised that this inward journey is what I desperately seek and enjoy most. Funny life. One day I feel lonely and the next I enjoy the loneliness thoroughly!

Finally, our house is likely to have doors and windows soon - if all goes well, within 3 days. With that, we should be able to spend the nights also there. We're encountering the fiercest mosquitoes - they bite, rather sting through the clothing! 

Today, I completed the first patch of clearing in the farm. About 2.5 gunthas (approx 2500 sq ft). Around the house, we've prepared some ground for sowing and have also sown some vegetables. The farm is still let on its own since June 24, except this patch. We've got into the discipline of preparing about 15-18 liters of Amrutjal everyday. Amritjal is a mixure of cow dung, cow urine and jaggery fermented for 3 days. It increases the bacterial count and expedites the decomposition of organic matter in the soil. We'll try hard to ensure we have enough vegetables in winter from our farm. Also, hopefully grow wheat and chana for the year. The next 2 weeks will be a bit of hard work on the farm.

Today we completed the first section of the panchatantra. I found Panchatantra, which is supposed to be translated from the Sanskrit texts of Visnu Sharma. The stories are divided in 5 sections, each section has a frame story and there are various stories within. There are lots of verses in every story. It’s our routine for the last 15 days or so that I read it out aloud for half and hour before bed time (mostly 8.30 – 9.00 pm). Siddharth enjoys them. it makes him think as well as us. The preamble says that Visnu Sharma had taken to educate 3 stupid sons of a king. He’d promised the king that in 6 months time he will teach them ‘how to think’ and not ‘what to think’. We’ve finished reading one section and it’s been a very good experience. I hope to find the Sanskrit text and be able to read it out some day. One realisation after reading this Panchatantra is that the single stories available in various books are almost meaningless reading. 

It was a nice day. Looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment