Saturday 16 February 2013

Update for today

I’m getting into a habit of being effortless in whatever I do i.e. I’m taking lesser and lesser effort.
But that was not how the day started. I was a little concerned about two questions: Where do I get the sand required for the construction? And, is the mason I’ve chosen good enough for building a stone house?  I had two options for the sand. One, scrape off whatever sand is available in the lake nearby, not sure about the legality and second, get very good quality sand from a place 80-90 km away, legally. Of course, the second option was far more expensive given the distance. After close to an hour of thought and discussion, I opted for the second option, though it meant increasing my carbon footprint and reducing my cash balance.
The next question created anxiety for some time, because I didn’t have an answer. I spoke to a Ragu, a good friend now and arrived at a decision that I should progress only after I get a good stone mason. The paradigm shifted. Just because I have the material ready for construction, there is no point in getting anxious. The material can wait till I find a good mason. In any case, there is no hurry! Then I spoke to Ragu for almost 40 min and was a real refreshing chat.
Then the day restarted and I got to activities, which are unavoidable – cooked the simplest lunch, walked to the lake for a bath (The bath process took almost an hour), shaved, washed clothes, dried them, cleaned the car, chatted with Rajesh Gupta (he comes here every weekend) on various subjects like the house construction, farming, the need to act on the issue of global warming. I am now convinced that it is better to prepare for the inevitable vagaries of nature rather than boil blood over trying to reverse the damage. Having said that, it is important, not to contribute to further degeneration. If everyone does that, may be the damage may get reversed, but if most people don’t, those living may have to suffer or strive harder. Suffering and striving hard have some definite benefits!
Another day has passed. Not very happening, if one has to justify his existence, but I don’t feel the need to.
Now, I need to work for another unavoidable activity – dinner. Let us see how effort-less can I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment