Wednesday 13 February 2013

Life today!

I’ve decided to blog as and when I feel like rather than compulsively write everyday. If I end up writing everyday, so be it, as long as it is meaningful.
Rekha and the kids have gone to Mumbai for 10 days or so. She’ll have the household goods transported to Barkheda. I noticed that I felt quite sad for some time to be left alone. Generally, I enjoy being all by myself, but this was different.
Today is the 14th day in Barkheda. 2 weeks and no significant progress on the house, farming (except that we sowed a few seeds day before) or anything else! What’s a little surprising is that I’m not much bothered with the pace of progress! I don’t know if this state of being is alright, but I don’t see myself as being able to do much. May be I’m not trying enough, but I don’t know why should I!
I’m feeling like talking to someone, listening to their lives. I’m a little bored of talking about us - our decision to move to this lifestyle, how gutsy it is or how foolish, what might await us in future, how we should be careful and all that. But I don’t know whom to talk to. Called an old friend from Kotak, spoke her, but almost nothing about her. I don’t know how to call someone and say, “You speak. I’d like to listen to you.” I’d like to tell some of them that I’m there, should they need me. Maybe, I should watch a good movie!
I’m going to try and be as disciplined as possible over the next 10 days. I hope the chill in the weather reduces now. I realized I don’t like cold climate too much. I’m ok if it is 35 or even 40 degrees Celsius, but anything below 20, I don’t like it these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment