Thursday 11 July 2013

Taking a Vacation!!!

By June, we’d spent over 4 months in the new life at Barkheda. The house construction was largely done except the doors and windows. We felt that rainy days will pose challenges and we weren’t fully prepared. So we decided to take a vacation! Vacation from a vacation like life!!!
The plan was to meet people rather than visit places. For the last 2 weeks or so, while we’re into the vacation, I’ve been meeting people, understanding them from a new context, learning to view from their perspective. I found that it makes sense to keep aside all the sense of good and bad, right and wrong, moral and amoral. That way, the learning is enhanced and judgements are avoided. I’m finding it quite difficult, but hopefully should get it right with practice.
There is also an unanswered question about ‘work’. Is it ok to live just to satisfy the basic requirements of the family, assuming that our savings can satisfy the limited monetary requirements we have? I hope to find a few answers in this regard during this vacation. If I don’t want to work for money, should I work at all? If yes, what work and what for?

No comments:

Post a Comment